Just to be clear, a monkey can install WordPress in its basic form. So why do you need me? First I have a few recommendations for your webhost which can save you some headaches. But to have an efficiant WordPress site, many things come into play such as which plugins should be installed and which blog theme you should get. Think of WordPress as the engine/guts of the blog. Think of “blog theme” and “plugins” as the look, characteristics, and overall functionality of your blog.
A good Blog Theme gives you the major customizatiosn you might find on a blog.
To really fine tune and hone in the deails of your blog, you still have to install some plugins. If you don’t install the essential plugins, you will have essentially a partially functioning blog. If you install too many plugins, your load times will become excruciatingly slow and your blog could even break. So with that, I am here to offer my services for free (conditionally) If the main thing holding you back from starting a blog is the technical side of things, chiefly: installing WordPress, I can take care of that for you for free! I will also install some of the most important core plugins you will absolutely need. I am, however, very selective and conservative about what plugins I allow to power my blogs. In terms of speed and software conflicts–and in regards to the sheer number of WordPress plugins you have–more is definitely less; hence, too many plugins will slow down your site to a crawl. Why is it so important to have a fast site? Traffic! People are busy and if your site loads slow, they will be very unforgiving. With that said, if there are any specific plugins you would like installed, just let me know and I will install them for you; and conversely, if you would rather not have any specific plugins from the list below, just let me know which ones you don’t want.
Here are the Plugins I will be Installing (all are free except the last one which is optional):
- WordPress Database Backup: Great, simple, but thorough database backup. Features both on-demand and scheduling options for you backup needs; and make no mistake: it’s not a matter of if you will need a backup someday; it’s a matter of when!
- WordPress SEO by Yoast: This is the most complete plugin you can find to handle your important SEO issues. It helps you become a better blog writer for both your audience and the SEO gods. You don’t even need an extra sitemap plugin because this one generates a sitemap for you automatically!
- WP Super Cache: Downloaded over 4 million times, this plugin can really speed up your site. Just remember to turn it off when doing maintenance, as it can cause delays when you attempt to refresh pages.
- Anti-Captcha: The simplest comment spam blocker you could get. It works in the background and I noticed a 99% reduction in comment spam immediately upon install.
- Aweber Web Forms: Technically speaking, blogs don’t make money; email lists make money. Let me know if you plan on building an email list. There is no better list building tool necessity, than Aweber; and this plugin is very simple WordPress interface Aweber offers. If you also need Aweber, here is a link. You can get your first month for a dollar.
- After the Deadline: This plugin uses artificial intelligence! It can not only find your grammar and spelling errors, but also offer some great contextual suggestions. I used to always write first in MS Word and then paste over to WordPress, and try to replicate some of the original formatting I lost in the translation. With this, you can construct your post directly from the WordPress framework and save yourself an extra unneeded step.
Optional – Premium WordPress Theme: The default theme that comes with WordPress is ok; but if you are planning on monetizing your blog, you should really think about upgrading the theme. I recommend the Socrates Blog Theme. It is fully mobile responsive and it has been been installed on over 110K Blogs. Is it as fancy as Thesis or the Genisis frameworks? No, but its easy to use right out of the box and definitely not as pricy as Thesis or Genisis. Here are a few of the features: AdSense ready; Clickbank ready; search engine optimized; awesome support; squeeze page and other templates; 220 header niche designs to choose from; multiple ad spaces; social media slider; and various tutorials. And my blog is also a Socrates blog!
Here is all you need to do to get your WordPress blog installed for free:
I will install WordPress, the above plugins, and Socrates them if you like; and I’ll do it for free! But how can I afford to do it for free? By getting you to do a few things for me; all of which can make you money. Here are the few requirements I need from you:
- Join my mailing list (if you’re not already on that list). I’ll send you information about making money online and updates for important blog posts. And once I send you the first email which will be instantly, you will then have my primary business email address and be able to message me directly.
- Purchase a web hosting plan from from either of these links: Inmotion, Hostgator. Inmotion requires you pay by the year; but Hostgator allows monthly payments albeit a good bit higher! I have blogs on both platforms. I’m very familiar with setting up blogs on these hosts. I’ll get a little affiliate commission and it will offset the time it takes me to do this for you. If you already have web hosting, we can work something out; just ask! Otherwise, all you need to do is purchase a hosting plan from one of the webhosts above and then email me. Now, when you join my mailing list, you will receive an email from me, Jody Heath. Just reply to that email (once you have purchased your web hosting plan). Forward a copy of your hosting purchase/receipt, and give me your username and password along with which webhost you have chosen. After I’ve installed WordPress for you, I’ll forward you instructions on how to change your passwords and then I’ll delete the email you sent me with your user/password in the first place. I won’t retain any of personal login your information.
- Get one of you friends to download my free ebook here by joining my mailing list here: http://southernprofit.com/learn-more and once they have done that, ask them to reply to the first email I sent them with the words: “insert your name here” referred me.
- And last, just share this on page on FaceBook by clicking this link here.
- Yes, WordPress comes with some themes you can use, but they are limited in terms of what you can do with them. Socrates is an SEO optomized theme which is set up for monetization. It’s very affordable, customizable, and is even very functional right out of the box. It’s also fully mobile responsive. If you would like to upgrade your blog theme to Socrates purchase your Socrates Blog Theme via my link, and then send me your user/password. After I’ve installed Socrates for you, I’ll forward you instructions on how to change your passwords and then I’ll delete the email you sent me with your user/password in the first place. I won’t retain any of personal login your information.
- You’re going to need to build a subscriber database and mailing list with your blog. Aweber is the golden standard for this.
- You want to be aboe to track what is working and what is not. If you would like me to get you going with some link tracking this is the service I recommend: Linktrakr
- And if you’re looking for the best capture page creator (and those cool boxes that pop up when one clicks a link or banner), this is the best in the business; look nowhere else than Leadpages.
- Want the best exit intent product on the market to help you grab more subscribers, grab Optinmonster.
And that’s it. If you’re a fairly decent with computers, this should be all you need to get off the floor and running with blogging. Should you need additional help due to time constraints or just being a little more technology challenged, you might want to talk to me about more of a turn-key development blog building and (or) maintenance arrangement.
I look forward to working with you!
Jody Heath, SouthernProfit.com